Wednesday, April 17, 2013

Sweet N Spicy Ribs

I love ribs.  I never used to, in fact, I tried them for the very first time about five years ago.  And I am hooked.  But I have to say, they MUST be cooked right.  I rarely dine out and order them because they are always a HUGE disappointment.  However, I have mastered them and I am not afraid to toot my own horn.

I usually make them with a great dry rub and BBQ sauce, but I am not ready to share that recipe yet, cause I think it's kinda bottle worthy.  

Anyway, sweet and spicy was on my mind and this is what I came up with.

1 tbsp. grated fresh ginger
1/2 c. coconut amino's
1/2 c. raw honey
1-2 tbsp. sriracha, depending on spicy desires
1 tsp. salt
2 racks ribs

Preheat oven to 300 degrees.  Allow ribs to come to room temperature, generously salt and pepper and then place them on a rack in a rectangular cast iron dutch oven, and then cover.  Place in oven and cook for about 2 hours.

In a bowl, mix together ginger, amino's, honey, sriracha and salt.  


When the ribs are done, increase oven to 400 degrees, remove lid, and coat the ribs with the sauce using a brush.  Keep the lid off, and repeat with the sauce coat every three minutes until the sauce is gone. 


Serve with your favorite sides...I did sesame roasted veggies are they were a perfect accompaniment.



No comments:

Post a Comment