Monday, June 10, 2013

Pork Meatballs/Sweet and Spicy Mango Sauce

I know I haven't posted in a week, but I went out of town to attend my nieces wedding.  I also made her wedding cake...definitely not paleo but it was pretty!  I will say it wasn't my best work due to a few unexpected fondant issues (dry climate, ugh!) and changes, but it tasted damn good.  

And I totally regretted all the crap I ate the past five days when I WOD'ed this morning.  Ah well...that's way vacation is for, right?


Before I left I made this delicious, quick dinner.  The sweet and spicy sauce went perfectly with ground pork.  It would probably be really good with ground chicken too.  Heck, I think this sauce would work with about anything but beef.

1 lb. ground pork
3 cloves garlic, pressed
2 tsp. ground coriander, cardamom and cinnamon
2 tsp. salt

Preheat oven to 400 degrees.  

Using hands, mix pork, garlic, spices and salt together until well blended.  Form into meatballs and place on sheet pan.  Cook 10-15 minutes until done

2 mangoes, cut into dice
1 tsp. red chili flake, or more depending on desired spice level
1/2 c. vegetable stock
1/2 c. raw honey
1 tsp. salt, or to taste

While pork is cooking, place all ingredients but the salt in small saucepan.  Heat over medium high, stirring often, until reduced by half.  Use immersion blender to blend sauce smooth.  Salt to taste.  Serve over meatballs.


No comments:

Post a Comment